Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stupid Questions!

It never ceases to amaze me that when someone asks a stupid question they get a stupid answer and then get annoyed because you gave a stupid answer. I will be the first to admit that I am the biggest abuser of asking the stupid questions. However, when I get the sarcastic "did you really just ask me that" answer or look I laugh and realize what I did and try to have a good laugh too.

For instance, my son, a 15 yr. old mind you says last night, "Is chicken pork?" to which his dad's reply was "um, no, chicken is chicken" and my son's reply was "no, really, duh!" with the attitude that he had just been insulted. Then what did you ask for? Now I must explain that I started using a new slow cooker cookbook I got for Christmas and made 2 fabulous dinners 2 nights in a row so my son wanted to know what we were having tonight, when I told him casserole he said "no, you can't follow up 2 dinners like that with casserole" and proceeded to go through the cookbook looking for something for this evening that could be made with chicken and meant to ask if chicken was poultry. Which I guess is a legitimate question for a 15 yr. old boy who doesn't cook. But he didn't ask if it was poultry, he asked if "chicken was pork!"

No comments:

Post a Comment